1. Subramuniyaswami, Satguru Sivaya. Dancing With Shiva: Hinduism's Contemporary Catechism. Hawaii: Himalayan Academy, 1993.
2. Kapur, K. N. "Age of Mahabharta War." Vedic Light. April, 1981. New Delhi, India.
3. Rig Veda 1.164.46 (mandala 1, hymn 164, mantra 46)
4. Sukla Yajur Veda Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.28
5. RAdhakrishnan, S. Eastern Religions and Western Thought. London: Oxford University Press, 1949. pp. 336-337.
6. Ibid. pp. 310-311.
7. Mahabharata Shantiparva 262.5-6.
8. Manu Samhita II. I, 6, 12.
9. Mahabharata Apadharmaparva 140-143.
10. Young India, April 24, 1924-a weekly journal edited by Mahatma Gandhi; ceased publication in February 1932.
11. Krishna Yajur Veda Svetasvatara Upanishad 3.20.
12. Swahananda, Swami, trans. Chandogya Upanishad. Madras, India Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1956.
13. Heimann, Betty. Facets of Indian Thought. New York: Schocken Books, 1964.
14. Chandogya Upanishad 3.11.1.
15. Young India, September 11, 1924-ceased publication in Feb., 1932
16. Satchidananda, Swami, trans. The Yoga Sutras of Patnjali. Buckingam, Virginia: Integral Yoga Publications.
17. Toynbee, A. J. A study of History. New York: Oxford University Press, 1951. p. 501.
18. Harijan, July 20, 1935-a weekly journal edited by Mahatma Gandhi and others and published at
19. Prime, Ranchor. Hinduism and Ecology. Delhi, India: Motilal Banarsidas, 1994.
20. Manu Samhita 7.2.
21. Mascaro, Juan, trans. The Bhagavad Gita. New York: Penguin Books, 1962. p. 9.
22. Bishop, Donald H., ed. "Epilogue." Indian Thought. New York: John Wiley and Sons. p. 383.
23. Howe, Quinsy. "Rethinking the Religious Life." Self-Realization: A Magazine Devoted to Healing of Body, Mind and Soul, Spring 1996. Los Angeles: Self-Realization Fellowship.
24. Yogananda, Paramahansa. Scientific Healing Affirmations. Los Angeles: Self-Realization Fellowship.
25. Aiyer, Ramaswami C.P. "The Philosophical Basis of Indian Legal and Social Systems." The Indian Mind. Moore, Charles A., ed. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, 1967. p. 262.
26. Madison, Dorothy and Ann Myren, eds. Living at the Source: Yoga Teachings of
Vivekananda. Boston: Shambhala, 1993. pp. 100-101.
27. Dossey, Larry. "The Power of Prayers." Self-Realization: A Magazine Devoted to Healing of Body, Mind and Soul. Los Angeles: Self-Realization Fellowship.
28. Ifrah, Georges. From One to Zero: A Universal History of Numbers. New York: Viking Penguin Ins., 1985. pp. 458-464.
29. Jyotirmayananda, Swami. Advice to Students. South Miami, Florida: Yoga Research Foundation. p. 207.
30. Thus Spake Vivekananda. Madras, India: Sri Ramakrishna Math.
31. Lukes, Alan and Peggy Payne. The Healing Power of Doing Good. New York:
32. Pandit, Bansi. The Hindu Mind: Fundamentals of Hindu Religion and Philosophy for All Ages, Second Edition. Glen Ellyn, Illinois: B & V Enterprises, 1996. pp. 74-75 and 291-300.